Albert joined Gardiner Roberts LLP in September 2004 as Counsel and a member of the firm’s Real Estate Practice and Business Practices Groups. During the course of his practice, Albert has been thrust into and has dealt with an amazing number of situations ranging from security transactions, public underwriting, going private, construction liens, insolvency, banking, taxation to estate planning and corporate restructuring.
His specialized legal experience includes: commercial leasing for landlords and tenants; commercial transactions and financing; acting for and counselling developers and investors with respect to acquisition, development and financing of commercial and industrial properties; construction liens; secured transactions; insolvency; banking; taxation; estate planning, and corporate restructuring.
AREAS OF PRACTICE AND INDUSTRY SPECIALTY
- Real Estate – Commercial and residential development and financing; leasing; acquisition and development of commercial and industrial properties; construction liens; secured transactions; counselling developers and investors
- Business Practices – Commercial transactions and financing; banking; taxation; estate planning; insolvency; corporate restructuring; facilitator for clients and their families
- As of late (with the maturing of the practice) there has been considerable involvement with succession planning and wealth management of family controlled enterprises.
- Called to the Ontario Bar 1958
- Osgoode Hall Law School, LL.B. 1958
- University of Toronto, B.A. 1954
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Ontario Bar Association