A financial crisis is upon you. It may be your own company facing financial pressure, or it may be one of your customers or suppliers facing a cash crunch. Perhaps your entrepreneurial project is running short of money. Recognising the problem and seeking the best possible advice as early as possible is the key to averting disaster.
We can help.
We understand the commercial realities of financial crisis and the legal tools available to deal with it. Whether you are a creditor or a debtor, a shareholder or bondholder, we can help make the best of a potentially bad situation. We provide strategic advice to creditors so that they are able to act quickly and decisively to maximise recovery on their debt. We help shareholders and debtors stop the erosion in value, goodwill, and business confidence that comes with financial distress. We provide guidance to debtors who are developing debt restructuring plans. In short, we provide expert advice when you need it most.
We work closely with other insolvency and restructuring professionals including, trustees, receivers, management experts, accountants, forensic investigators, and potential investors and lenders.
We have been involved in local, national, and international proceedings, including,
- Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act (CCAA) proceedings;
- private and court-appointed receiverships and interim receiverships;
- proceedings under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act, including proposals;
- Winding Up and Restructuring Act proceedings;
- arbitrations arising from contractual and claims issues in insolvency proceedings;
- asset recovery and litigation relating to the enforcement of secured debt;
- financing of businesses in financial distress;
- sale and purchase of distressed debt;
- acquisition of assets and businesses from companies in financial crisis; and
- cross-border insolvency matters, including acting for and instructing foreign representatives, and acting for and advising foreign creditors.
Whether a financial storm is merely brewing or has already begun, the Gardiner Roberts Restructuring and Insolvency Services team is there to help you navigate the waters.