Gardiner Roberts has a longstanding tradition of supporting the communities that have allowed us to thrive for over 90 years. The Firm supports and contributes to diverse causes and initiatives, including various cultural and arts based endeavours. We encourage all Gardiner Roberts employees to actively participate in the communities in which they live and work by volunteering their time and expertise whenever possible. Recent examples of our community involvement include:
- The Big Bike Ride in support of the Heart and Stroke Foundation. Our employees raised funds in support of this initiative and pedalled around the GTA, bringing awareness to the organization.
- Peacebuilders International. This organization helps improve the lives of children and youth by providing them with appropriate access to justice, empowering them to overcome personal challenges and helping them to realize their full potential. One of our lawyers sits on the Board of Directors, and the Firm proudly supports the organization's various leadership programs.
- Prostate Cancer Canada. Several male Gardiner Roberts employees and partners shaved or grew mustaches in honour of "Movember", an annual initiative that raises awareness and provides valuable funding for prostate cancer research.
- LAWS Program in affiliation with the University of Toronto. Gardiner Roberts provides mentorship to Grade 10 students from inner city high-schools by introducing them to the legal environment. Students have the opportunity to learn about all aspects of the legal community and culture.
- Humber College Advisory Consortium for legal courses. We participate in the co-op student program and have several Humber College graduates at our firm. Our Firm presents the
annual “Gardiner Roberts Achievement Award” and bursary to a Humber graduate who excels in technology.
- Ride to Conquer Cancer. Lawyers at Gardiner Roberts rode their bikes on a 200Km route from Toronto to Niagara Falls raising funds for cancer research, treatment, and education.
- Hope for Children Foundation – Adopt-a-Family Program. By donating various gifts and toys, Gardiner Roberts was able to
help brighten the holiday season for Canadian children and their families.
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Many Gardiner Roberts employees participate in the Ride for Diabetes Research, a team-style fundraising initiative.
- Arts and Culture. We are pleased to provide continued support to various arts based initiatives, including The National Ballet School of Canada, the Toronto International Film Festival and the Canadian International Documentary Film Festival.
- Research Ethics Boards. Members of our Health Law Group sit on various research ethics boards in affiliation with organizations such as SickKids and the Bloorview Research Institute.